We began trading as Dimensional Stone Sales in early 2007, the company premise was born out of a genuine need for quality Yorkstone. As a Stonemason waller myself, it had been a struggle to maintain good relationships with stone suppliers. I was being sold short, poor quality stone which i felt was not value for money, the biggest factor was when i was continually let down with the lead times on orders. I would go to collect, it would not be ready, they would say it will be delivered, it was not.
I simply felt there had to be a better way.
Our area of speciality is natural stone fireplaces, natural stone fireplace hearths.
This is why we continue to strive forward and maintain lead time schedules and hopefully exceed the high standards expected by our customers!
- Provide local and national contracts
- Maintain the highest of standards
- Keep to customer deadlines and timescales
- Exceed expectations
- Provide a wide choice of UK stones
- Achieve value for money at all times
- Tom Hirst - Co Owner 12 years trade experience. Qualified Bricklayer with years of contracting experience. Re - trained as a stonemason through an in - house stonemasonry apprenticeship at Acorn Stone Merchants (no longer with us i'm afraid) and an array of on site masonry for various contractors.
- David Hirst - Co Owner and Father to Tom Hirst 30 years trade experience in the building trade. Qualified Building and Joinery contractor, continues to carry out building projects large and small. Federation of Master Builders Member
Being a 'proper' Yorkshire, family run company we are always careful with money!
We are a genuine stone masonry workshop and cutting yard, using as dug quarry boulders to make our stone products, you may find that many websites are simply run by 'stone brokers' or back street dodgy outfits, if you buy cheap you'll generally buy twice!
We welcome a visit to our yard, we are located just out of the centre of Bradford or 10 mins from the M62 motorway, here you can see how we turn rough quarry boulders into beautiful fireplaces!
All of our fireplaces are hand finished by time served stonemasons, please bear in mind all of our fireplace surrounds are made from genuine British stone and unlike many fireplaces available, all our fireplace surrounds are solid stone!
Fireplace Purchasing Guide.
We make buying a fireplace easy, alongside a number of great fireplace retail partners across the UK, we can also conduct a site survey for each customer, whether you need help measuring or design ideas, this is something we can do for you, once you've made up your mind we can also offer a full installation of your dream fireplace!
Contact our office on 01274 309887 or email Discuss your requirements
Arrange a site visit to your address with one of our qualified stonemasons to discuss design and size and scale of fireplace
Our stonemason will visit with various stone samples and size up your requirements
Our office will provide you with a fully costed and detailed quote
Following customer go ahead we will arrange a production schedule and installation date(If required)
Get enjoying you new custom made fireplace!